[c-nsp] How to disable ILMI/SNMP CSCvs33325

Hank Nussbacher hank at interall.co.il
Mon Sep 19 07:29:06 EDT 2022

Recently Shodan has been showing how it probes all our IOS-XE routers
via SNMP even though we have an ACL on all our SNMP.  We then found that
there is a bugid on the issue (ILMI can't be blocked by ACL):
CSCvs33325
As well as an internal TAC bugid:
CSCdp11863

Basically, none of the commands offered by these bugids or via the TAC
case we opened have worked to block ILMI.  So we tried to use
control-plane blocking as we do on our IOS-XR routers, but we have not
managed to get that to work.

Does anyone have an actual tried and working solution to blocking ILMI
on IOS-XE?  control-plane or other command?

Thanks,
Hank