[c-nsp] ASR9901 licensing configuration

Shawn L shawn at rmrf.us
Fri Dec 22 16:59:43 EST 2023

So, amazingly I opened a TAC case this morning, and had an engineer looking
at it by a little after noon.  I expected to have a couple of days of
information gathering, etc. before someone wanted to do a webex and look at
it.  Eventually we found that

A - the correct parameters for call-home were not in fact the ones that I
had in there (according to the docs)
B - Even though it really wants to use the management interface, it can't
because you cannot seem to get a default route on the management interface
so that it can call home.

Ultimately, fixing the call-home URLs, and adding an interface / default
route (router isn't in production yet, need to get all the little things
resolved first) was the key.

I'm not sure if it was because it's slow at Cisco right before Christmas or
what, but I have to say this was one of the fastest tickets I've ever seen.