[c-nsp] Where have all the skilled people gone?

Hank Nussbacher hank at interall.co.il
Thu Feb 16 01:40:12 EST 2023

>   These days a lot of experience is getting lost, and the industry hasn’t found a way to transfer that knowledge to new generations.
>
> Cheers,
> Sander

It makes me sadder that people in Cisco don't know how to spell "iput",
"recieved" or "byetes" and there is no QA using spellcheck:

rtr#sh int te0/1/1 accounting
TenGigabitEthernet0/1/1   10G link
  INPKTS input pkts                 OUTPKTS: output pkts
  RXBYTES: iput bytes recieved      TXBYTES: output byetes transmitted
  RXBS: rx rate (bits/sec)          RXPS: rx rate (pkts/sec)
  TXBS: tx rate (bits/sec)          TXPS: tx rate (pkts/sec)

If they can't get simple English words spelled corrected, you can
imagine what the code looks like :-(

Regards,

Hank