[c-nsp] Internet border router recommendations and experiences

Thomas Scott mr.thomas.scott at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 18:06:46 EST 2023

Yes - 400 Gbps throughput total If I recall correctly.

> The MX204 has four rate-selectable ports that can be configured as
100-Gigabit Ethernet ports or 40-Gigabit Ethernet ports, or each port can
be configured as four 10-Gigabit Ethernet ports (by using a breakout
cable). The MX204 also has eight 10-Gigabit Ethernet ports. The four
rate-selectable ports support QSFP28 and QSFP+ transceivers, whereas the
eight 10-Gigabit Ethernet ports support SFP+ transceivers

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/hardware/mx204/topics/concept/mx204-description.html

Best Regards,
-Thomas Scott