[c-nsp] NCS IOS-XR rant (was:Re: Internet border router recommendations and experiences)

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 19:40:15 EST 2023

With XR7 the idea was to mimic how things are done with Linux repos by having a specific RPM repo for the routers and the patches which is managed similar to Linux and that’s how all software is packaged now.  Dependencies are resolved automatically, etc.   RPMs are installed as atomic operations, there is no more install apply, etc.  Most customers do not want to manage an RPM repo for their routers, so they just use whole images.

Thanks,
Phil