[c-nsp] "next-table" Equivalent for IOS XR - Default Route into Global Routing Table

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 20:05:31 EDT 2023

As you found out, XR won't forward the traffic using inter-VRF route
leaking if it has to do another recursive lookup in the next VRF.  It
requires specifying the next-hop/interface or leaking the more specific
routes into the VRF.  So if you have 0/0 pointing to null0 that's not going
to work.  If you have one pointing somewhere else, then it will.  Some
Junos platforms won't do this either BTW, it's somewhat dependent on the
forwarding hardware.

ABF works but it's more similar to using filter based forwarding in Junos.

Thanks,
Phil