[c-nsp] Q. Is anyone deploying TCP Authentication Option (TCP-AO) on their BGP peering Sessions?

Barry Greene bgreene at senki.org
Tue Sep 26 20:48:44 EDT 2023

Hi Team,

Q. Is anyone deploying TCP Authentication Option (TCP-AO) on their BGP peering Sessions?

I’m not touching routers right now. I’m wondering if anyone has deployed, your experiences, and thoughts?

This is suppose to be the “replacement” for BGP MD5, ‘but’ I’m hearing …..

1. The Vendors are not supporting yet. Which means a lot of older systems would not be able to support a BGP session with TCP-AO.
2. People have to tried is operationally.

Sharing you thoughts would be helpful …...

Thanks,

Barry