[c-nsp] vPC members use identical virtual addresses without HSRP

Nathan Lannine nathan.lannine at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 12:40:55 EDT 2024

Hi, Chen,

The Arista configuration snippet you sent over is related to implementation
of VXLAN distributed anycast gateway, not a traditional FHRP like HSRP,
VRRP, or GLBP.  In a standard VRRP configuration on Arista, Juniper or
anything, one would expect to use multiple IPs for master and backup
nodes/roles.

You can implement this same configuration for Nexus following the
configuration documentation for VXLAN anycast gateway.

Thank you,
Nathan