[c-nsp] vs route-maps on route reflectors

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Thu Jul 11 13:57:11 EDT 2024

It may be to attract traffic to flow via the learned prefixes from the
dual rr cluster, vice, the otherwise learned paths, whatever those may be

with local pref, higher is better.  the learned rr prefixes set with
500, would be better then otherwise learned prefixes with a default
local pref of 100

-Aaron

On 7/11/2024 9:49 AM, Arne Larsen via cisco-nsp wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I hope that someone can clarify something for me, that I don’t
> understand.
>
> In the scope of replacing a route reflector in our network, we have 2,
> there has been deployed a route-map on the peer clients vpnv4 statement.
>
> The route-map sets an local preference at 500.
>
> I don’t understand why one would do this, can someone give me a hint.
>
> I’m not a BGP guru, I just can’t figure this out.
>

> Regards Arne

-Aaron