[c-ubr] Connect multiple upstreams of a single optical node with the same downstream

Yann GAUTERON yann.gauteron at net2000.ch
Fri Apr 8 09:34:42 EDT 2005

Dear all,

I am trying in a lab with a Cisco uBR-7114 router to assign to an HFC
node one downstream and two upstreams (on different frequencies). My
wish was that with such a configuration the CMTS would assign every 2 CM
on one upstream (upstream 0) and every 2 other CM on the second upstream
(upstream 1).

After trials in my lab, I have no success. Do you know if this Cisco uBR
can support such a fonctionality ? If yes, do you have an idea how to
configure it in order to dynamically assign one upstream (or one
frequency, if you prefer) to a modem at the initialization phase ?

Last question: Would I have the same problem, if I were using uBR7206
routers (with MC16C or MC28S cards) ?

I know it is easy to do it with two different downstreams with a config
file assigning the modem one or the other downstream, but I can not
realize my idea with one downstream and two upstreams.

Thank you for your answers,
Yann Gauteron