[c-ubr] Connect multiple upstreams of a single optical node with the same downstream

Adeel Ahmed adeel_373 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 8 10:35:30 EDT 2005

Hello Yann,

You are probably looking for the Cable Load Balancing
feature which can evenly distribute CMs across
multiple upstreams statically (at registration time)
or dynamically (based on interface load).

Please take a look at the following link and see if it
helps you out:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/cable/ps2217/products_feature_guide09186a00801b17f2.html

Unfortunately this feature is only supported on the
uBR7246VXR and uBR10012 CMTSs, not the uBR7100.

By the way, if you want to do this statically via the
DOCSIS configuration file you can use the "Upstream
Channel ID" field in the configurator to assign CMs to
a particular upstream port. But this does not scale
too well.

Kind Regards,
Adeel.