[cisco-voip] Call Routing question

Voll, Scott Scott.Voll at wesd.org
Fri Oct 8 11:22:35 EDT 2004

Currently I have three PRI's going into a PBX then one PRI to my VoIP
network.  This has work good up until now.  But to position myself so
that we can eventually move away from the PBX altogether I am setting up
a VGW to have three PRI come into it, then three PRIs into the PBX.

Since the PBX still needs to make outbound calls and needs to get to the
extensions on the VoIP Network How do I Setup my Route Patterns?

I have two Route list; PSTN, and PBX.  I have a route pattern 9.@ to
PSTN.  I also have a Route Pattern XXXX to PBX.  But how do I fix it so
that the PBX can call VoIP extensions and outbound calls.  Do I just
configure the PBX to pass me the outbound number prefixed with 9?  Then
outbound calls should work from the PBX? How do I pass all inbound calls
to the PBX that are not part of the VoIP network?  I'm not sure if I
know all the numbers that come in.  I'm trying to use MGCP Qsig, but
might have to use H323 Qsig if MGCP fails.

TIA

Scott