[cisco-voip] CallManager Active Directory Issue

Yunming Song yunming.song at digiconasp.com
Thu Oct 14 16:44:24 EDT 2004

Hi Group,

Under CallManager 3.3(4)sr2, we are installing Cisco Customer Directory
Configuration Plugin,
from Publisher server (MCS-7825), attempting to integrate with existing
Corporate Active Directory
generates the following errors:
"Failed to modify Active Directory Schema. Addition of attributes failed"
"Failed to modify Active Directory Schema. Addition of objectclasses failed"
"Failed to configure Active Directory.  Addition of default containers and
profiles failed."
"... Addition of system userprofiles failed"
"... Addition of system users failed"

We have verified that we are connecting to the schema master for the domain,
using a Schema Admin
and Enterprise Admin account.  The schema master shows significant cpu
activity just before the first
failure message is displayed on the Publisher server.
We have also verified the registry key
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NTDS\Parameters\Schema Update Allowed
is set on the Microsoft Active Directory Server to 1
Our A/D infrastructure consists of 4 domain controllers across 2 physical
locations.  The schema master
is not located at the same location as the Publisher server from which we
are running
the Directory Configuration Plugin, however we are allowing all IP traffic
between the two locations
and have confirmed that the 2 servers are at least talking to each other.

Any input/idea is pretty much appreciated!

thanks a lot,
Yunming Song
Digicon Corporation
571-323-5030 (o)