[cisco-voip] Translation Pattern

Israel Lang ilang at netgainis.com
Tue Oct 19 00:20:21 EDT 2004

I would agree with you except I can place the call by removing the 1888 number and putting my cell phone number in its place. I will double check the VM Partition and make sure that is setup right though as that is one thing I failed to check.

Here is the call flow:

Caller calls 555-5555

Gets Auto Attendant greeting (Call Handler 1)

Presses 1 for a sub menu (Call Handler 2)

Selects 1 to be transferred to Emergency Paging Service (Call Handler 3)

Call Handler 3 is set to do a release to switch transfer to extension 6666

Extension 6666 is set to CFWDALL or CFWD No Answer to 7777 (have tried both with similar results)

7777 is a translation pattern set to dial 1888xxxxxxx

I can call 1888xxxxxxx fine from the phone

I can call 7777 and get 1888xxxxxxx from the phone

If I dial 6666 from the phone I get a busy signal, but the call shows up in the voice gateway when I do a sh voice call

If I go through the above auto-attendant I get busy, but call shows up in gateway

If I change the translation pattern to my cell number 1937xxxxxxx, all works right

   _____