[cisco-voip] CCM & AD (or LDAP) Integration

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Mon Apr 4 08:05:14 EDT 2005

See inline...

-Ryan
On Apr 3, 2005, at 4:24 AM, Lelio Fulgenzi wrote:

Just wondering what you get when you integrate either AD or
LDAP/Netscape/Sun directories with CallManager. We're looking at doing
it, but I want to make sure the advantages outweigh any complexity and
or problems that might come up.

For example:
	• 	Does it give you CCMuser access with synchronized userid/password
with your corporate directory?
Yes - the password for the user will be the AD password.  You will
still have to assign the pin (which is stored in the profile).
	• 	What other fields are you able to integrate? Will we still have to
fill out the Call Display field on the DN config page?
I can't say 100% what fields will be imported.  I'll try to dig up a
list.
	• 	Are you still able to create local userID/passwords or will we have
to create a ccmadministrator and craadmin account in the corporate
directory?
If you use ccmadministrator to login to the CCMAdmin then you are using
MLA.  With the AD integration you can assign MLA privileges to AD
accounts.  The CCMAdministrator is a special built-in account and I
don't believe will show up in AD.  If you are not using MLA then any
account with local administrator rights will be able to login.  Domain
accounts will not work or course unless the CM is a member of the
domain.
	• 	How do you prevent certain people from accessing the userpages?
You can try putting these users in an AD ou that CM doesn't have access
to.  I'm not 100% sure this will work but it's worth a shot.
Anyways, just some general questions. I can read documents, but I'd
like to hear 'real life' examples.

Thanks, Lelio