[cisco-voip] question Changing CCM 4-1-2 server name

Mike Armstrong mfa at crec.ifas.ufl.edu
Mon Apr 4 10:47:30 EDT 2005

Since it's a lab environment, what better place to experiment?  If you're
successful, be sure and let everyone know, but I'd take all the advice
already offered and just rebuild the thing with the name you want.  I tried
to go the opposite way on a server running Veritas Backup Exec and MSDE,
changing from a NetBIOS name to a long FQDN (we're trying to become
NetBIOS-free), and even with Veritas' support, we gave up after about 10
days and rebuilt the server.

Mike Armstrong
UF/IFAS CREC
Lake Alfred, FL

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other word would smell as sweet."

--From Romeo and Juliet (II, ii, 1-2)