[cisco-voip] more FXS/DID fun

Lawrence E. Bakst ml at iridescent.org
Mon Apr 4 16:25:46 EDT 2005

Can you easily isolate the router that has the 2 4FXS/DID from every other connection except the routers power plug?

Assuming the noise isn't coming from the phone lines the only other choices are the ground associated with your phone lines or the router. However if the router is hooked to other gear the noise could be coming in indirectly through other devices.

If you still have noise with an isolated router, try and plugging it in as close to where the phone lines are grounded as possible.

If you have florescent lights, try turning off as many as possible.

Best,

leb