[cisco-voip] CME 3.2 Install

Kris Seraphine Kris.Seraphine at cliftoncpa.com
Tue Apr 5 10:27:58 EDT 2005

Hi

I suggest you download the CME Initial Configuration tool from CCO.
It's a java applet that allows you to input the relevant information for
both CME and CUE and generates an IOS config for you.  I wouldn't
necessarily base a production system on this config but it's a good way
to learn the CLI commands.

Also, here are a few things I've come across while playing with both CME
3.2.1 and CUE 2.1.1.

The CUE auto attendant scripts work differently in a CME integrations
then in CCM integrations.  For instance, lets say you call the auto
attendant, press 1 to dial by extension and enter an extension that
doesn't exist or that's busy.  In a CCM integration the script will
handle this situation and tell you 'the extension you entered is invalid
(or busy) please try again'.  In a CME integration, the call will be
disconnected.  The same is true using the sample script in the script
editor.  I have a case open on this right now but so far I've been told
that this is the expected behavior, although the documentation doesn't
mention it anywhere.

If you have DIDs and use the dialplan-pattern command, make sure you set
the E164 number for each voicemail user otherwise calls to the DID that
get forwarded to CUE will not go to the proper mailbox.

Neither the Configuration Tool mentioned above nor the CUE GUI user
import wizard allow you to set the first name, last name or full name of
the CUE users.  Without these fields set, the dial by name option in the
auto attendant will not work.  Also, for some reason, even after you do
set these fields they do not appear in the running config so I suggest
keeping a copy of these commands in a separate text file in case you
ever need to redo the configuration.

I've come up with (I think) a better way to transfer calls directly to a
subscriber greeting then what is recommended in the documentation (using
the E164 number as an alternate extension).  I've pasted the
configuration below.  Basically its a translation profile that is
applied to the CUE dialpeer and watches for redirected exts that begin
with an asterisk and replaces the asterisk with a 3.  So to send a call
directly to voicemail box 3201 the user transfers the call to *201.

voice translation-rule 1

voice translation-profile CUE
 translate redirect-called 1

dial-peer voice 3900 voip
 description ** cue voicemail pilot number **
 translation-profile outgoing CUE

ephone-dn  88
 number *...
 call-forward all 3900