[cisco-voip] CCM CTI redundancy

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Wed Apr 6 00:32:09 EDT 2005

To have redundancy with CM down, you will need to lose that MTP
required.  The audio path will have to be established directly between
the phone and gateway.  Are you using the CTI based softphone or
IPCommunicator?

If you hangup, and retry the call, the local MTP's of the secondary
server should have re-registered to the local secondary ccm process and
the call should go through and you will see remote media addr =
secondary server.

Again, with MTP, you're not going to get clean call survivability.  the
audio stream is using the MTP hosted out of the IP Voice Media Streaming
App on the server.  When that process goes away b/c box loses network
connectivity or server unexpectedly halts for hardware, that audio
stream will be dropped.

Need to get around having MTP required.

/Wes