[cisco-voip] VoIP and Linksys

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Wed Apr 6 09:45:29 EDT 2005

You should be able to daisychain phones. We did it for a while, and ran into a problem where either the phones or switches reset themselves, but then found evidence of this phone configuration parameter which should fix things:

      Forwarding Delay : Indicates whether the internal switch begins forwarding packets between the PC port and switched port on your phone when your phone becomes active. When forwarding delay is set to disabled, the internal switch begins forwarding packets immediately. When forwarding delay is set to enabled, the internal switch waits 8 seconds before forwarding packets between the PC port and the SW port. You should set Forwarding Delay to enabled when you connect both ports to switches for redundant uplinks or when you daisy chain phones together.
      This is a required field.
      Default: Disabled.