[cisco-voip] 4.1delay upon call connection.

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Mon Apr 11 10:59:27 EDT 2005

2 different issues.

For Nick,  delay ipphone-ipphone both internal - what is the RTT between
those phones and CM?  What model phones, i.e. is a transcoder being invoked?
What is the CPU Utilization on your server?  Pls check for speed/duplex
mismatch btwn your CM servers and the attached switches.  You should never
see this much delay between 2 phones.  Only way is either network latency
cm<->phone or ccm.exe process is backed up with many signals

For Anthony the network round trip time can definitely cause delays with
h323 call setup because of the number of packets that have to be exchanged
and ACK'd.  Fast Start should bring that time down some.

/Wes