[cisco-voip] Need Help in Unity-Urgent.

chris donnelly c.donnelly at skynetsystems.co.uk
Tue Apr 12 10:04:43 EDT 2005

Interestingly one of my colleagues came up with a similar problem
yesterday....he trawled the Cisco IPT Forums and came up with the
following....stab in the dark but may give a place to start....

FORUM/TOPIC: IP Communications and Video/Unified Communications
CONVERSATION TITLE: Exchange services don't start automatically

BY: abulatkin

DATE: Jan 24, 2005, 8:10am PST

Hello,

I have a Unity 4.0.4 VM, everything is in a separate domain on one
server.  I have problems with MS Exchange System Attendant (and due to
dependency Information Store and MTA Stacks) service starting
automatically on system startup. Wen I logon and start them manually
they start OK.

Diagnostic tracing gave me the following event:

The Metabase Update service failed to start, error '80040a01'.

For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp

I tried the solution suggested by Microsoft at

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en;314294

(I've assigned the user rights) but this didn't help.

I've seen some folks complaining about the same problem with Exchange
2000 SP3.

The workaround I've come up with so far is scheduling task that would
run the following batch file at startup

@echo off

net start msexchangesa

net start msexchangemta

net start msexchangeis

Does anyone know about this problem and if Cisco suggests a better
workaround?  Will Cisco Unity be supported by TAC if I use this
scheduled task?

  _____