[cisco-voip] Cisco VoIP and Security

Voll, Scott Scott.Voll at wesd.org
Tue Apr 12 11:10:27 EDT 2005

Start off looking at Cisco's "SAFE" concept.

Keep everything off the Voice Vlan.  ACLS can help with that.  But remember you may want to admin the box off vlan, AC ports will need to be open if you're using it, Agent desktops if used, etc.

I have not heard of an attack via the PSTN.  But with that said, I guess anything is possible.

Scott

PS.  If Phone service is a 99.99% uptime may I suggest you get a second CM.