[cisco-voip] Early media

Bryan Deaver bdeaver at cisco.com
Tue Apr 12 16:48:54 EDT 2005

It should be cut through dependent on the sip progress message we receive.
You might try 'progress setup enable 3' on the voip sip dial-peer as well.

Can you make a single test call with the following debug enabled so we can
see what is happening:
    - debug isdn q931
    - debug ccsip message
    - debug voip ccapi inout
Make sure that you have disabling console logging to minimize the impact of
enabling the debugs.

You can also check the output of 'show call active voice brief' while the
call is in alerting stage.  You should see on the ip call leg side the rx
packet count incrementing and on the telephony call leg side you should be
able to see the 'out' dbm level fluctuate when you do multiple iterations of
the command.  If you see what appears to be some audio on the telephony call
leg (meaning that you see the 'out' level at something than around -79dbm),
then it sounds like the audio is being cut through at the gateway but
somewhere in the isdn cloud it is not being cut through.

Bryan