[cisco-voip] better speaker phone recommendations

Walenta, Phil philip.walenta at berbee.com
Tue Apr 12 22:55:39 EDT 2005

In the time I've worked with Cisco phones, I've found that many of their
audio related issues are due to them being too good at reproducing the
sound received.  Echoes in rooms, odd sounds, background noise all seem
to get picked up far more often by Cisco phones than other types.  They
have improved significantly over the years, and I would say the 7970 is
by far the best sounding phone I've ever worked with (this includes the
7936).  I'm also confident that Cisco will continue to improve the
quality of their phones well beyond what we currently have (echo is
almost non-existant now).