[cisco-voip] Early media

Karl Smith sipware at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 14 15:16:46 EDT 2005

Hi Bryan,

Yes the progress indicator contains the value of 8 and is actually being
sent in the progress message. As you said there is not much one can do.
Answering the call would ruin my accounitng and I don't want to do that. I
have to tackle it from the Central Office end. I tested with a two PRAs; one
from Ericsson switch and another from a Siemens EWSD switch and they both
behave in the same manner, ie they do not cut-thorugh the early media when
this is coming from the subscriber side.  Maybe some sort of security measure not to allow users playing announcements to their callers for free!!!!!!!!

Thanks again,

Carmelo