[cisco-voip] IP Phone 7940G messup

Kevin Thorngren kevint at cisco.com
Mon Apr 18 20:29:47 EDT 2005

Hi Manny,

So, when you say the phone does not take the address 192.168.2.2 do you
mean for it's IP address or for the TFTP address?

If you want to manually set the TFTP address you need to go to Settings
 > Network Configuration > Alternate TFTP (option 32 IIRC).  Set this to
Yes then you can manually set the TFTP server.

This URL provides the steps to set the TFTP via the Windows 2000 DHCP
server:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/
products_tech_note09186a00800942f4.shtml

HTH,
Kevin