[cisco-voip] Call Manager 3.2 problems

Rogers, Jeremy (WMG) Jeremy.Rogers at wmg.com
Tue Apr 19 15:14:05 EDT 2005

I got experienced an extremely strange issue with my Call Managers and I was
looking to see if anyone had any insight.
This morning we started getting busy signals on some of our inbound calls.
These were sporadic.  I tried looking at the real-time monitoring tool but I
couldn't tell if the PRIs were being oversubscribed.  We have 6 PRIs coming
into 2 separate 6608s.  Then without warning, 3 of the sites that are on
this cluster lost all dial tone.  We didn't even have internal dial tone.
When you lifted the receiver there was nothing.   Only one site was still up
and they were homed to a different server.
We rebooted the publisher and the two subscribers that displayed the problem
and everything started working normally.   I had no errors in my app log on
any of the servers and it didnt show any of the phones come unregistered.  I
am at a loss.  I have never seen anything like this before.
Has anyone ever seen this?  Any ideas as to what caused it?  I didn't see
any errors on the switchports either.

Jeremy Rogers
Senior Telecom Analyst
Warner Music Group