[cisco-voip] 5300 gateway one-way voice problem

Yura Monchak yurun at portaone.com
Wed Apr 20 05:49:55 EDT 2005

V. Keroro wrote:

>Is it necessary to use "nat symmetric check-media-src" for this case,
>since I already have a RTP proxy.

I would like to rephrase your statement a bit. It is not necessary to
use RTP proxy, if you have

"nat symmetric check-media-src".

>Also, if it's NAT problem, all call
>should be fail, but now the problem happen sometime.

It is hard to say. Are you sure that RTP packets were relayed by RTP
proxy for the failed call?
Did you see these packets on your cisco? ('debug voip rtp')
You should run debugs for such calls and find out were RTP is lost.
Probably it is some firewall issue.
I do not think that cisco would not play audio if it correctly receives
the RTP.
--
Yura Monchak