[cisco-voip] QoS technologies info request

rob.marano at grs.pwc.com rob.marano at grs.pwc.com
Thu Apr 21 11:19:01 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I have just been asked to put together a SWOT analysis of the QoS
technologies in the market.  We are analyzing which technologies, either
from an established vendor or start-up, that can automate the call setup,
teardown, conferencing, etc, functions of VoIP in our current all Cisco
network.  We also have a combination of Cisco and Avaya PBXs.  This
technology should be an overlay that intercepts a call request from the
PBX, sets up the QoS rules/policies at both ends, and monitors for other
call events.  Does anyone have any pointers to who is doing this, how, and
a rough estimate of market size?

Thanks!

Rob

Robert F. Marano

Director,
Emerging Software Technologies
PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
Global Technology Centre
(Email) rob.marano at us.pwc.com
(Yahoo IM) rfm22

computer.  PricewaterhouseCoopers Global Restructuring Services LLP is a
limited liability partnership registered in England with registered number
OC304440 and provides services on matters that are primarily outside the
United States.  Those services are provided by the non-US members of the
PwC global network of firms and not by the US firm, PricewaterhouseCoopers
LLP.