[cisco-voip] Remote office phone connectivity

Vandy Hamidi vandy.hamidi at markettools.com
Wed Jan 5 19:43:16 EST 2005

Thanks for the info Wes,
WSTTCP is exactly what I used to test the connection and my QOS Config.
I pumped enough traffic through the link to consume 99.99% of the T1 (or
2xT1) and then placed a call with no problem.  It's a great tool for
easy traffic generation.

I also put an access list checking for the DSCP/TOS bits to make sure
the SMTP that was clogging the pipes were set for DSCP Code=0 (routine)
and the voice is 5.  They were all set right.

It's very odd how the QOS is set right, the traffic going through is set
right and the voice is prioritized as it should be.

One thing to add is that the calls are using a Sprint MPLS network, but
I've worked with them and tested (with WSTTCP) to make sure the QOS is
set correctly on their side too.

	-=Vandy=-