[cisco-voip] TCL and Follow on call during Call Proceeding

Richard Smith richard at gotworms.co.uk
Sat Jan 8 07:16:30 EST 2005

Hi Guys,

I've written a calling card app and have reached a hiccup in it's design. I've got
everything working except for one thing: Follow on call during call progression.

Basically, I need to be able to stop the call setup if the user hits '##'
while the call is in a proceeding state and not a connected state. It's the
standard "Oh the destination hasn't answered so I need to make a new call
to an alternate number" situation.

As far as I can see reading the docs on TCL IVR 2.0, the interpreter hands
controll of the call to IOS when the `leg setup` command is executed, and
doesn't return control untill the call setup is done. Somehow I need to
intercept ev_digit_end events on the incoming leg of the call, and then I
can handle those appropriately...

I've tried a number of things including setting callInfo(nofifyEvents) and
other things to interpret results however this won't work since `leg setup`
doesn't pass of ev_digit_end event, only the ev_alert,ev_connecting and
ev_connected events (as far as i can see). Is this right, or am I totally
mis-reading the documentation on this?

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can implement this kind of
functionality into the script... I've called Cisco and didn't get very far
without paying out a shite load of cash, and I've also spoken to a couple
of CCIE friends, who are also baffled thus far... Having said that I did
ask them after they'd had several beers so their thinking may have been
more on the beer than the problem at hand.

If anyone can come up with any ideas I'd appreciate it. There's a pint or
two [0] available if you can help me with this :)

--
Richard

[0] or other suitable compensation