[cisco-voip] Re: Curios QoS related problem

Anthony Mendoza amendoza at Niku.com
Tue Jan 18 02:41:55 EST 2005

The particular branch office I'm seeing this right now has an E1 that is
about 15% utilized at its max.  The corporate HQ has 2xT1s utilized on a
max basis of 50% during the day.  Other Branch offices have a T1 and
only about 5-8 people in the office.  Their utilization on average is
perhaps  10% max on their T1s.  This is why I am quite confused.

--Anthony
-----Original Message-----
From: joshua sahala [mailto:jejs at sahala.org]
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2005 3:40 PM
To: Anthony Mendoza; cisco-voip at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Curios QoS related problem

On (17/01/05 14:58), Anthony Mendoza wrote:

> 1)  HQ IP Phone User cannot hears broken up voice of Branch Office
> User
> 2)  Branch Office User hears HQ IP Phone User fine

 anthony,

 my first question is are the paths between the two sites the same?  and
if so, what is the link utilization of your branch site?  if you have
custom queues set up and your branch site(s) have you given enough to
the  voip traffic?  since one side of the conversation is good, i
suspect your  connection outbound from your branch site(s)

/joshua
fools.
        - Douglas Adams -

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message and
or attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination, copying, or other use of this
prohibited. If you received this e-mail or its attachments in error,
please contact the sender and delete the material from any system and
destroy any copies.