[cisco-voip] Phones rebooting

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Fri Jan 28 12:20:30 EST 2005

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 11:06:02AM -0600, Craig Gauss wrote:
> Has anyone experienced random phone resets on Cisco 7912 phones?  We
> have several that just up and reboot for no apparent reason.  We have
> our vendor working on it along with Cisco, but I was just curious to see
> if anyone else had experienced it.

	So, if you're not using cisco switches, (ie:
something to absorb those CDP packets), i've seen issues.. esp if
you have a 7920 on the same broadcast domain..

	the 7960's don't like seeing cdp packets from
anyone else.  At least you can turn it off in the 7920 in the
hidden menus, and it stays off.

	something to watch out for.. you may be able to
configure your switch to blacklist/sink the multicast mac address
that the packets get sent to.

	1:0:c:cc:cc:cc

	- jared

Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared at puck.nether.net