[cisco-voip] default destinations based on incoming leg?

John Osmon josmon at rigozsaurus.com
Sat Jan 29 02:59:28 EST 2005

Using a single AS5350 with a PRI, I want:
   - all inbound POTS calls to be sent to a single SIP proxy
   - all inbound VOIP calls to be sent down the PRI

Naively I tried something along the lines of:
  dial-peer voice 10 pots
   destination-pattern .T  [sic -- T isn't needed on DID, but it works]
   direct-inward-dial
   port 3/0:D
  !
  dial-peer voice 30 voip
   destination-pattern .T
   session protocol sipv2
   session target ipv4:172.17.57.4

This actually worked, but upon closer inspection, inbound POTS calls
appear to be hunting across the two dial-peers:
   - calls that hunted to the voip peer worked as desired
   - calls hunting to the pots peer would be sent back to
     the carrier, who then shipped it back to us -- taking
     several channels depending on how many times it looped...

The first question I'm hoping somone can answer is:  is my
interpretation of what I'm seeing correct?

Secondly: What is the correct answer to my (seemingly) simple
desire?  I haven't seen any simple way to direct a call based on
how it arrives at the gateway -- only number patterns, etc.

Hoping someone can cure me of my ignorance...

	John