[cisco-voip] Outbound Caller ID

Court Schuett cschuett at hfsnorthamerica.com
Tue Jul 12 12:11:13 EDT 2005

Some info:

We have a remote site with a 4 FXO POTS lines.  Calls are coming in and
out just fine.  No problems there.  Attached to each of those lines is a
local number.  When a call goes out voice-port 3/0 it goes out with the
number attached to that line (9508).  When a call goes out voice-port
3/1 it goes out with the number attached to that line (9506).

At every other of our sites set up like this, the External Number Mask
overrides the number on the line.  I have tried everything I can think
of to put the main number (9500) on all the lines to no avail.  I have
made sure that they are all set to advertise the External Number Mask.
I have even put the main number on the Calling Party Transform Mask in
the Route Pattern.  When I do a debug voice ccapi inout on the router,
it shows the number being advertised is correct (9500).  Nothing has
worked.

I have called the local provider (Bell South) and they swear that if I
pass them the number they'll advertise it.  That's where I think the
problem is though.  It's all I can think of because everything else
looks correct.  Is there a special trick to passing CID to Bell South or
am I missing something?

Thanks!

Court Schuett

630-909-5560