[cisco-voip] Catalyst 6608 - Configuring channels not in service

David Sullivan David.Sullivan at barnet.ac.uk
Wed Jul 13 06:33:46 EDT 2005

A while back I found a webpage ( possibly among the voip pages on
tamu.edu ) which outlined how to mark channels on an PRI out of
service in the gateway configuration for a 6608 using a numeric
string but I can't find the page anymore.

We've recently had an issue on an ISDN line where we were having
problems with certain channels which we were having trouble
diagnosing and we're possibly considering whether we need so many
ISDN channels now that we've moved all of our sites over to IP
telephony but because of the "you can only have an ISDN line with all
channels in use" standard answer we're feeling a bit constrained.

Does anyone still have this information around?

David Sullivan
IT Services
Barnet College
This communication may contain privileged or confidential information which
is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please note that you may not distribute or use this
communication or the information it contains.  If this e-mail has reached you
in error, please delete it and any attachment.

Internet communications are not secure and Barnet College does not accept
legal responsibility for the content of this message.  Any views or opinions
expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of Barnet College.

Please note that Barnet College reserves the right to monitor the
source/destinations of all incoming or outgoing e-mail communications.