[cisco-voip] RE: Broadcast Apps

VoIP Forum voipforum at apptis.com
Wed Jul 13 09:13:31 EDT 2005

Obviously you would test with maybe 4 or 5 phones first in a lab to
verify it works the way you want, but here is a free solution (though it
requires using a line appearance)...

1.	Create a paging button on every phone at that location.
2.	Make sure it is set to auto answer, disable all functionality
you do not want them to have (you need to test and see if the customer
wants it to barge in or not barge in if caller is already on a phone
call).
3.	Make sure that the lines CSS does not allow outbound calls and
change the line appearance and alerting/display names.

	a.	Do not associate this line to the user pages.

4.	Put the paging button line in a separate partition.
5.	Create a CSS that allows just administrators or admin types can
call plus their normal functional CSS.
6.	Put that CSS on the administrators main line for them to
initialize the paging (broadcast).