[cisco-voip] FXO disconnect problem with Panasonic KX-TD500

Teodor Georgiev tgeorgiev at is-bg.net
Sun Jul 17 13:46:52 EDT 2005

       Hi,

 I was fighting such an issue with KX-TD500 and KX-TD1232 more than two years. There is a solution, but not an universal one.
Here is the problem:

Cisco (as most of the other voice gateways with analog FXO ports) can not detect the disconnect "tone" from the Panasonic.
Guess why, because the Panasonic PBX does not send a "busy" tone after the call is completed, but sends an usual dial-tone.
So, what you need is to tune the decadence / frequency settings in order to have working disconnect supervision.

Unfortunately, you can not configure the Panasonic to send "hardware" line supervision signal such as "polarity reversal". In Panasonic
you can purchase an FXO-port card that can detect polarity reversal from the other side (usually - the PTT), but you can not configure the FXS
ports of the Panasonic to generate polarity reversal signal once a call is started / completed.

I will try to find the frequency/decadence values. I made it working on a Welltech (Micronet) gateway.