[cisco-voip] 3rd Party Voice Mail Cluster using Hunt Groups and CTI Route Points - Attendant Console

Paul Yago pyago at adomo.com
Tue Jun 7 13:47:40 EDT 2005

Hello Wes,

Yes I need to load balance between different CTI Route Points. As you
suggested, I'm attempting to use the AC Pilot Points and Hunt Groups.
And, the Hunt Group works, in regards to using CTI Route Points. However
there are still some problems.

A simple example of what I'd like to do is:

1) Have 2 Hunt Group Members: CTI1 and CTI2, where each can handle 5
simultaneous calls.

2) Have one Pilot Point: 8000

3) Configure the group to route on Longest Idle Time.

4) And if 10 calls arrive, at a frequency of 1 call per second:
	a) Call 1 goes to CTI1
	b) Call 2 goes to CTI2
	c) Call 3 goes to CTI1 - although CTI1 is already occupied.
	d) Call 4 goes to CTI2 - although CTI2 is already occupied.
	e) Call 5 to CTI1
	f) etc.

5) When 10 lines are taken up (5 for each CTI) then the CTIs will
communicate this state to the Pilot Point / Hunt Group and all
successive calls will be queued until the line state of any member
becomes free.

The problem I'm having is that multiple calls won't be routed to any
member unless I select *Always Route Member*. However, when selected,
ALL the calls are routed to that member, regardless of line state.

* Is there anyway to have the line state correctly communicated to the
Hunt Pilot?

* When I add any DN to the Hunt Group I get a dialog saying "Hunt Group
member x does not have a valid directory number". Why am I getting this
message? Could this be contributing to the line state issue?

* Could you please let me know more regarding the scripting with Cisco
CRS? Could there be a script which resides on the Call Manager and load
balances based on a pilot point?

Thanks,
Paul