[cisco-voip] IPCC License Files

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Thu Jun 9 22:02:33 EDT 2005

i setup a meeting with a colleague and began by asking him if he could explain the licensing system to me so I could understand what we have.

he looked at me and said 'you're crazy. it can't be done. meeting over.'

anyways, that was with IPCC express enhanced v3.1

they have changed the licencing for IPCC products again and now you are licenced for seats rather than agents and ports. a seat can be used for any agent, phone, desktop, supervisor, etc. and they don't licence for ports anymore as far as we can tell.

the names have changed a number of times as well - IPCC, IPIVR, IPCC express, IPCC express enhanced, IPCC express premium....etc, etc.

the version that comes with CCM v4.X are only good for autoattendant I believe - I do not think you get the editor which is what you need to actually create new scripts.

i know that hasn't helped much - but i thought i would let you know you are not alone when you begin to feel grief. ;)

and i'm sure others will correct me where i'm wrong.....