[cisco-voip] CallManager 4.1(2) install not working

Brian Feeny bfeeny at mac.com
Sun Jun 12 16:18:04 EDT 2005

I have two DL320's (first generation) 800mhz, one has 1GB the other
1.1GB.

On server 1, I install  win 2.4, 2.5, 2.6 and 2.6sr8, then CallManager
4.1(2), no problems.
This is the publisher.

Then on server 2 (subscriber), I install win 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.6sr8, but
during the CallManager install it says the
install encountered an error and can not complete, to check the log
file.

I have completely wiped out and tried this over and over, and always
get this error.  I am not sure why
exactly it is failing.  My log is available to view at:

http://www.shreve.net/~signal/log/CCMInst.log

If anyone can give me any insight would be much appreciated.  The
hardware seems to work fine, the disks are cisco original, no
scratches, and I use these same ones to install the publisher.

Also I don't like how when CM fails the install, it rollsback, but you
can't just try to install again.  It leaves files around like
C:\TEMP\CCMSetup that cause the installer to complain, so you have to
manually go around and try to do cleanup, or just re-install everything
from win 2.4 on up.......ugh!

Help is much appreciated,

Brian