[cisco-voip] 1760 MGCP Gateway on CCM 4.1(2)

IT it at cimgroup.com
Mon Jun 13 13:35:18 EDT 2005

I have had a very different issue with my gateway, but I saw some of the
same hot-words, and couldn't help but sharing....

I have an 1820 and I had and ISDN PRI, PTP T1, and a 9port switch all in
the chasis.  I constantly tried to put them in that order, with the ISDN
PRI in Slot 0.  The slot said VIC only, but since I assumed the PRI was
voice, not data, it would be fine.  I was wrong. According to Cisco, the
ISDN PRI card will not work in a VIC slot, but you will not realize it
until you try to setup the time-channels.  I'm not %100 sure on the
details, but I had Analog FXO's in there previous, and they worked fine.
My solution was to shuffle the cards so the 9port switch sat in Slot 0
and 1 (really only plugged into 1). And moving the T1 cards over to 2
and 3.
Obviously, my experience is different (1700vs1800, BRIvsPRI) but I'm
hoping the experience can help someone...
Thanks,
Avidan

This email may contain trade secrets and/or other information that is
proprietary and/or confidential. Use of this by anyone other than the
intended recipient(s) is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not
the intended recipient, delete the e-mail and notify us immediately.