[cisco-voip] IP phone functions

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Thu Jun 16 07:58:49 EDT 2005

here's my take on things...

1. auto-callback (ex: if the number I dialed is busy, I can push some key and he will ring back automatically when hang up)
  There is a callback feature on the phones. You can enable callback on either a busy or ringing called number. However, I have not been able to get callback to work on a called number that has voicemail as a destination on a busy trigger. Although 4.1.3 has internal/external triggers for busy and no answer, if you are using Unity as the AutoAttendant, all calls appear as internal.
2. remote forwarding setting (ex: I can set forwarding rule for my DN in other IP Phone)
  This is not available.
3. Can I customize the forwarding options in User Option Page ? (now it's only forward all)
  I've done some parameter comparisons and this is what I have. (It was late at night and I was using WP51 macros to get this working so I can't guarentee the results, but it's what I'm working from).

        CCMUser Parameters  3.3.3sr4a 3.3.4sr2   4.0.1  4.0.2  4.1.2  4.1.3es6
        Show Ring Settings  X X X X X X
        Show Call Forwarding    X   X X X
        Show Speed Dial Settings    X   X X X
        Show Cisco IP Phone Services Settings    X   X X X
        Show Personal Address Book Settings    X   X X X
        Show Message Waiting Lamp Policy Settings    X   X X X
        Show Line Text Label Settings        X X X
        Show Locale for Phone Settings    X   X X X
        Show Locale for Web Pages Settings    X   X X X
        Show Change Password Option    X   X X X
        Show Change PIN Option    X   X X X
        Show Download Plugin Option            X
        Show Online Guide Option    X   X X X

Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.                                  lelio at uoguelph.ca.eh
Network Analyst (CCS)
University of Guelph                             FAX:(519) 767-1060 JNHN
Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1                          TEL:(519) 824-4120 x56354
mob lawyer: your people insulted my brother.
dr. house: what? romano in the parmesan cheese shaker again?