[cisco-voip] Qsig issue

Voll, Scott Scott.Voll at wesd.org
Fri Jun 17 17:47:08 EDT 2005

I'm hoping my TAC engineer just doesn't know a good work around.

I have 3 PRI's (NI2) to my VGW and 3 PRI's (QSig)from my VGW to our legacy
PBX.

When I dial an IVR from my IP Phone it works correctly.  But when I dial
from the PBX it doesn't work correctly.  Since is doesn't show connected it
doesn't send DTMF.

TAC says that it's a "Connect" message issue.  Some IVRs connect right away,
but (the problem ones) don't connect for billing reasons.  IE.  If you were
to dial a calling card system, you wouldn't get a connect so you can dial
the number you really want to connect to then the billing starts.  That much
makes sense.  But the problem is that somewhere in Qsig land it's not
working.  Cisco points at PBX vendor, PBX vendor points at Cisco.  PBX works
with PRI to PSTN (NI2) so it has to be a Qsig issue.  My work around is
going to be setup a PRI to the PBX just for IVR toll free calling.  At $650
per month, not my favorite choice. But at $125 per hour for PBX vendor I'm
not looking at troubleshooting this down to the level that Cisco is asking
either.

Does anyone have any better ideas?  (I would love to get rid of the PBX, but
currently not an option)

Thanks

Scott