[cisco-voip] External Masking

Travis Llewellyn travisll at comfedcu.org
Wed Jun 22 16:58:42 EDT 2005

Hello all,
I am having a hard time trying to figure out the best way to accomplish
a problem I have.

We have several locations that use our local gateway for placing calls.
They also have a gateway of there own. We also have an series of
internal extension that are not DID.

When any of these phones place a call it shows up on caller ID with the
internal numbers.

I know how to use the ext phone number mask, sort of.
What I am inquiring about is there a way to say all calls that are place
by the numbers in the internal series show up at one number?

Ex

5700 - 5799 are internal numbers only - They can only dial out - No
internal call direct to them.

When one of them calls an external number it shows as ###-###-5700. This
is not a valid number and when people hit redial they get someone else.
What I would like is for all of the 5700 series to show up as just our
main number.

Can this be done globally or do I need to adjust each phone?

Thanks in advance

Travis Llewellyn
Network Administrator
Communication Federal Credit Union
travisll at comfedcu.org

-
Hebrews 13:17 Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep
watch over you as men who give an account...

This e-mail and the files transmitted with it are the property
of Communication Federal Credit Union and/or its affiliates,
are confidential, and are intended solely for use of the
individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you
are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason
to believe that you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender at 405-879-5600 and delete this message
immediately from your computer. Any other use, retention,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail
is strictly prohibited.