[cisco-voip] branch office help

Court Schuett cschuett at hfsnorthamerica.com
Thu Jun 23 13:45:17 EDT 2005

Generally speaking, here is what we do:

Central Site: T3 to MPLS Cloud
		  2 PRIs
		  3745 with plenty of power

Remote Site: Frac T1 (512k - 1.544) to MPLS Cloud
		 5 POTS lines
		 2821 with 8FXS, 6FXO, 9 POE Switch, 2 Gig, 1 WIC

For all local traffic, we route it over the POTS lines.  This includes
911, Local numbers and 800 numbers.  For all long-distance, we route it
over the data line back to our central site and out the PRIs there.
That saves on LD charges but doesn't tax the data line too much.  All
remote sites are set up for SRST and all local calls come in their local
POTS lines.  If their local lines are full, then local calls will go out
the Central Site PRI.  The POTS lines are set up in a service provider
configured Hunt Group so they can have up to 5 incoming calls at any
time.  Generally we leave the local fax lines as a POTS line so avoid
problems and DID.  When calls come in on the local POTS lines, we run
them to a Unity Auto Attendant and back out to the local site once they
select the person they want.

This plan has worked wonderfully for us.  We have a few sites with some
quality issues, but we're working with our provider to improve our
performance with Enhanced QoS in the MPLS cloud.  For the most part
though, we haven't had any problems.

Hope that helps.

Court Schuett

630-909-5560