[cisco-voip] Roaming 7920 between buildings

David Pitkin davidp at bostonpost.com
Tue Jun 28 13:59:42 EDT 2005

Hi,

We have a few 7920 802.11b phones and would like them to work in
multiple buildings. What I don't have an idea on is what to do about CSS
for dialing 911 in that case.

What worries me is if someone is away from their "home" building and
dials 911 the police and fire are going to arrive at the wrong building.
Worse yet what if someone else picks up the wireless phone unknowingly.

My two ideas so far are to put big stickers on the portables or restrict
the CSS on the portables to never dial 911 along with a sticker warning
but they both seem lame.

Has anyone else come across this? Do you just restrict phones to one
building?

Thanks!

David [e. davidp at bostonpost.com <mailto:davidp at bostonpost.com>  ]