[cisco-voip] Question about phone time.

Simon, Bill BillS at tns.its.psu.edu
Wed Apr 19 16:51:56 EDT 2006

That's interesting.  On our CM cluster, NTP is installed by default and the
default NTP configuration instructs the subscribers to sync with the
publisher.  Thus the subs should not get out of time sync with the pub.

Now, if you have a sub set to a different time zone, this would probably do
it.  Time zones are not considered by NTP.

We have set our NTP configurations to point to an external clock server.
Every time we upgrade CallManager, it wipes out our custom NTP.CONF file and
replaces it with the Cisco default.  (Why?)

---
Bill Simon - bills at tns.its.psu.edu - (814) 865-2270
http://tns.its.psu.edu/ <http://tns.its.psu.edu/>

  _____