[cisco-voip] COS on Cisco 3750 - help please

Jonathan Charles jonvoip at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 17:53:40 EDT 2006

The RTP Stream (the actual voice traffic) is labeled COS 5 (or DSCP
EF) and the Control traffic (SCCP, MGCP, etc) is labeled COS 3 (DSCP
AF31) by the phone.

By default switches remark all DSCP (and COS) to 0 unless they are
Cisco switches set to trust the phone's DSCP settings.

So, if you have Cisco switches, the traffic should be marked correctly already.

The next step is to do something with it... and the thing to do is
creating a service policy on the router (CBWFQ).

Now, since AT&T wants it tagged as COS 1 (which I cannot, for the life
of me, figure out why), the only way to do that would be to follow
Scott's recommendation and place another service policy on the ingress
of the router to remark to COS 1.